Coastal Cottages have been voted the best in Wales
for Quality, Service, IT and innovation and we hope
that you experience this in every part of your holiday,
from the booking through to the break itself. We all
live in Pembrokeshire and know all the properties
and their locations well.
We don't outsource our sales team to a call centre,
so if you have any specific requests, whatever it
may be, please ask. We will know the answer. We know
all the answers!! So please don't be afraid to ask.
Below is a guideline of what one can expect, and will
help you understand the background to why we do things
in certain ways. For a full list, please see our booking conditions in our brochure.
Have a great stay!
1. PETS: Many properties welcome pets, those that do not cannot be assumed to not have owners’ pets staying. Pets are charged at £10 per head per short break or week. Pets are only accepted under the strict understanding that:
a: they are never left alone in the property
b: they are kept under control at all times
c: guests will bring bedding and food bowls for their pets
d: they are not permitted in bedrooms or on furniture
e: no garden should be considered dog proof
f: dog bans apply at certain beaches
g: all pets are up to date with flea and worming treatments
h: guests accept total responsibility for their pet/s and the pet/s actions e.g. cleaning up mess etc, being financially responsible for any damage caused.
Failure to comply with any of these points will lead to guests liability for ensuing problems and costs or them being asked to leave the property. Please check the property description for confirmation as to whether the particular property you are interested in accepts pets.
2. ALLERGIES: If any member of the holiday party suffers from an allergy to pets or suffers from any other allergies, please advise at time of booking. One cannot assume that because a property does not accept pets that pets (of the owner’s, neighbour’s etc) do not visit the property. Refunds cannot be considered due to allergic reactions in such circumstances.
3. BEDLINEN:Provided in all cottages. Towels and tea towels are not provided unless otherwise stated. When provided towels are for household use only, not beach. A change of bed linen will be provided ONLY if requested for bookings of 2 weeks or more. Please note on your booking form if a change of linen is required. Towels can be hired in advance (allowing at least 2 weeks notice) please ask for details.
4. COTS AND HIGHCHAIRS:One cot/travel cot and one highchair/baby diner are available on request with all properties except those which do not accept children under 3 years of age, or where otherwise stated. Details of hirers can be supplied on request and we will try to assist in facilitating bookings with those hirers. Cots and highchairs vary in age and style, please ensure you note any specific requests on our booking form or by letter, fax or email and we will try to accommodate you. NO LINEN OR BEDDING IS SUPPLIED FOR COTS. NB Cots & Highchairs - cots are not sterilised between lets and mattresses are likely to be have been used previously. Some health advice states babies should not sleep on mattresses that have been used before and you may wish to bring your own mattress if you are concerned by such advice.
5. CENTRAL HEATING: Should you require central heating, please inform the contact number on your directions and information sheet at least 5 days before your arrival. If there is a set charge please include with your initial payment for your holiday. Some boilers can heat water and radiators separately (no immersion) so owners may charge a separate fee for guests using just hot water (during warm periods). Please note that not all properties have central heating and you should check the property description for confirmation as to whether the particular property you are interested in has this.
6. FUEL CHARGES:If there is a set charge for fuel this must be included in your initial payment for your holiday. If the charge for fuel is ‘as used’ then please leave payment at the cottage either by cash or cheque (instruction in cottage). Credit card payments can not be accepted for ‘as used’ fuel. You can use the contact number on your directions sheet if you have any queries regarding this during your holiday. Fuel charges may be subject to review during the year should national prices dictate. We also encourage sensible and appropriate consumption of fuel and utilities. If excessive fuel or utilities are consumed during your stay you may be required to pay an additional amount to cover costs. This may be an addition to a set fuel charge which applies to the property.
7. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE:You can start your holiday from 3.00pm (unless otherwise stated) on arrival day and sadly have to leave by 10.00am on departure day. In order that the caretakers have sufficient time to clean and check the properties, please observe these times. Please leave the property in the same clean and tidy condition that you found it and report to the contact on your directions immediately and pay for or replace any damage or breakages that might occur as per Booking Condition No. 13.
8. PARKING AND NOISE: When arriving at your cottage please be courteous to other residents/visitors. Ensure that you park your car in allocated spaces or as indicated on directions and property notice boards. Please do not disturb neighbours ensuring that noise levels are kept to a minimum.
9. OLD COTTAGES:Older cottages and those by the sea offer character and atmosphere, but they can be prone to recurring damp patches, often during wet or humid weather. These conditions can also lead to condensation on windows/walls. Ventilation, de-humidifiers etc will alleviate these problems and these may be provided at the properties. However, as a general rule elderly, young or those sensitive to humidity and damp should avoid such cottages especially in the wettest periods e.g. winter and early spring.
10. ACCESS STATEMENTS: Statements in relation to access are available for every property on our website - please refer to these when choosing a holiday for guests with special requirements. Please DO NOT rely on assumptions and feel free to discuss your needs in depth to ensure you have all the available information.
11. SHORT BREAKS: Short breaks are available in most properties, excluding summer holidays, please ask for availability (decisions are at the discretion of the owner).
12. TV, BROADBAND, SATELLITE AND MOBILE RECEPTION:
(a) Some properties offer satellite television. The television is usually ‘freeview’ unless otherwise stated and some require a guest’s own Sky card to access channels (‘Sky card needed’ indicates this). Please note that not all properties have sky or TV reception and please check the property description for confirmation as to whether the particular property you are interested has this.
(b) Some properties also offer broadband but you should note that broadband coverage can be intermittent and WIFI signal strength can vary. Please check the property description for confirmation as to whether the particular property you are interested in provides this facility.
(c) Mobile reception can vary considerably from area to area. Please check with your service provider.
13. CABLE/WIRE LINKS TO AUDIO/VISUAL APPLIANCES:Please leave all cabling as originally found to avoid call outs, extra expense and disruption to services to either yourself, future guests and the owners.
14. DESCRIPTIONS AND PHOTOGRAPHY:Occasionally property exteriors, furniture, furnishings, electrical equipment and room layouts may differ from the original photographs and description in the brochure/on the internet, these are viewed as superficial items. Any major changes to the property will be notified to the guests as soon as we are made aware of them.
15. KEYS: Keys are your responsibility during your stay and any costs incurred through loss, damage, being locked out or keys not being returned/left, will be charged to the hirer in full. You are responsible for keeping the property locked and secure during your stay and should be aware that you may be personally responsible for any costs, damage or loss which are incurred at the property where insurance is rendered void due to properties not being kept locked and secure.
16. MAINTENANCE AND DISTURBANCE:Grass cutting, gardening, window cleaning etc are all weather dependent and may be carried out during your stay. We can also not be responsible for any disturbance which may occur and is outside of our or the Owner’s control. We will use all reasonable efforts to advise you of any situation which may affect your holiday but you should note that we may not be aware of any work or disturbance close to the property. Town centre noises should be expected within legal limits especially during busy holiday periods.
17. COUNTRY LIFE: The countryside teems with life and different seasons & weather conditions bring different ‘visitors’ including spiders, flies, ants etc. Please let us or your contact know if we can help or advise in these circumstances as none of the solutions are permanent. Some properties also have as a precautionary measure green mouse pest control units. If you would like these removed please let a member of staff know when booking.
18. WATER PRESSURE:Please be advised that this can vary from area to area depending on many factors e.g. age of property, layout, position on mains line etc.
19. TAXES: Coastal Cottages reserve the right to recover additional costs should changes occur in VAT, IPT or legislation that may affect pricing.
20. VISITOR COMMENTS:Comments are welcomed in visitors books and letters and Owners and Coastal Cottages may use these for future marketing purposes.
21. DATA PROTECTION:Information stored will only be shared with property owners, with our subcontractors (if necessary to deliver our services and only on our instruction) and within our group of companies being Coastal Cottages Pembrokeshire Limited, Activity Wales Ltd and Tourism Marketing Group Ltd.
22. ALTERATIONS: All brochure information is materially correct at time of printing but Coastal Cottages reserve the right to alter them where necessary. E+OE (errors and omissions excepted/excluded).
23. SMOKING:The property description for each property sets out whether smoking is permitted in the property. However, the Owners reserve the right not to allow smoking at the property. If you specifically require a smoking property, please let us know.
24. LOST PROPERTY : You are solely responsible for your personal property during your stay and no liability can be accepted for any loss or damage. Please let us know as soon as possible if you have lost any property and we will try and find this for you. If found, we can forward these to you on receipt of a minimum handling fee of £10.00 plus VAT per item.